Results Search Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETDs)
Your search for ETD Subject "Vegetation mapping--Montana" resulted in 1 match(es).
- Use of satellite imagery to measure cover of prairie vegetation for the detection of change
- Author: Hurst, Rebecca Jeanne
- Date: 2006-05-15
- Program: Biological Sciences
- Abstract: Adaptive resource management requires a cost effective, easily repeatable tool for measurement of vegetation quality and comparison of management treatment effects across a natural area and through time. High-resolution satellite imagery may be used as a guide for treatment by facilitating either the comparison of differentially treated units or the measurement of change in vegetation through time. Demonstration of successful application of remote sensing for measurement of vegetation to recognize trends in vegetation quality will help adaptive managers both to apply and to improve the methods...
- Download File | View full details