Results Search Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETDs)
Your search for ETD Subject "Venture capital--United States" resulted in 1 match(es).
- Assessing the venture captial legacy: an investigation of post-IPO performance and impact
- Author: Cochran, Andrew Carl
- Date: 2009-05-15
- Program: Applied Economics
- Abstract: While extensive literature documents the venture capital impact around the initial public offering, little is known about the enduring effects of venture financing. This paper follows the post-IPO performance of venture-backed U.S. firms in different IPO cohorts from 1970 to 2006, and measures the duration of any venture capital advantages after the IPO. Venture capital strongly correlates with higher R&D and market-to-book ratios ("q"), and venture-backed firms grow faster and perform better particularly in high-tech industries. This apparent advantage for venture-backed firms r...
- Download File | View full details