Results Search Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETDs)
Your search for ETD Subject "Vertical integration--Government policy--United States" resulted in 1 match(es).
- An economic history of the United States sugar program
- Author: Wiltgen, Tyler James
- Date: 2007-12-15
- Program: Applied Economics
- Abstract: The United States Sugar Program has utilized tariffs, import quotas, domestic processor marketing allotments, and a non-recourse loan program to raise U.S. sugar prices. The intent of the program has been to increase the incomes of U.S. sugar beet and sugarcane producers and processors. This thesis analyzes world and domestic sugar market conditions surrounding major changes in the sugar program. A theoretical model is developed in which sugar beet processors are depicted as monopsonist purchasers of sugar beets as inputs into sugar production. This model suggests that incentives exist for sug...
- Download File | View full details