Results Search Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETDs)
Your search for ETD Subject "Walleye (Fish)--Montana" resulted in 1 match(es).
- Competition potential between sauger and walleye in non-native sympatry: historical trends and resource overlap in the Middle Missouri River, Montana
- Author: Bellgraph, Brian Joseph
- Date: 2006-05-15
- Program: Fish and Wildlife Management
- Abstract: Sauger Sander canadensis populations throughout Montana and North America have exhibited declines over the past few decades. Sauger population abundance declined in the middle Missouri and Yellowstone rivers of Montana in the mid-1980s following a period of drought. Higher flows resulted in a rebound of the lower Yellowstone River population; however, the middle Missouri River population has remained at low abundance. Various factors may contribute to the reduced population abundance of sauger in the middle Missouri River, including interspecific competition with walleye Sander vitreus. Histor...
- Download File | View full details