Results Search Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETDs)
Your search for ETD Subject "Waterfowl--Breeding--Alberta" resulted in 1 match(es).
- Effects of cattle grazing on upland nesting duck production in the Aspen Parkland
- Author: Warren, Jeffrey Michael
- Date: 2004-08-15
- Program: Fish and Wildlife Management
- Abstract: The beef industry is growing rapidly throughout the Aspen Parkland of Canada, leading to higher stocking rates on pastures and use of previously idled areas. Conversely, increased demand for pastureland has led to conversion of cropland that may have benefited upland nesting ducks by increasing the amount of perennial cover. We undertook the current study to evaluate the relationships of nest-site selection and nesting success of upland-nesting ducks to cattle grazing in the Aspen Parkland. Nearly 4,000 ha of upland cover were searched during the study. Vegetation physiognomy was quantified at...
- Download File | View full details