Results Search Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETDs)
Your search for ETD Subject "Watershed management--Montana" resulted in 1 match(es).
- The effects of prescribed fire on riparian groundwater
- Author: Tucker, Ronald A. Jr.
- Date: 2007-05-15
- Program: Animal and Range Sciences
- Abstract: The hypothesis of this study is that the use of prescribed fire to reduce trees and tree canopy, on a watershed scale, will decrease depth to riparian groundwater, increase riparian plant species diversity, and increase riparian biomass production. To test these hypotheses two watersheds, primarily managed for cattle grazing, located in Fergus (Dry Armells watershed) and Jefferson (Little Whitetail watershed) Counties, Montana, were chosen. Both watersheds were densely dominated with coniferous tree species. Average preburn tree density was 1,276 trees/ha and 350 trees/ha for both the Dry Arme...
- Download File | View full details