Results Search Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETDs)
Your search for ETD Subject "Weatherscape (Motion picture)" resulted in 1 match(es).
- Finding new representations in science and natural history film through a deconstruction of televised weather forcasting
- Author: Brown, Parker Brandt
- Date: 2008-12-15
- Program: Science and Natural History Filmmaking
- Abstract: Broadcast television networks limit their representation of the weather by embedding weather forecasting with ideologies of science, capitalism, and patriarchy, thereby creating a dispassionate monolithic regime as the totalizing representation of weather in popular media. This is not to say that TV weather forecasting is not useful, but that it is a narrowly focused scientific representation of nature, and as such denies experiences of the weather beyond utilitarian prediction. Non-fiction film employs a set of representational tools that, when applied to the weather, can deconstruct the main...
- Download File | View full details