Results Search Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETDs)
Your search for ETD Tag estradiol resulted in 1 match(es).
- Determining morphological and biochemical parameters associated with ovarian follicular atresia and caviar quality and yield in cultured white sturgeon (Acipenser transmontanus)
- Author: Talbott, Mariah Jane
- Date: 2010-08-15
- Program: Fish and Wildlife Management
- Abstract: Harvesting sturgeon Acipenseridae when the ovarian follicles have the appropriate firmness and size is important for the caviar industry in order to produce a consistently uniform product and maximize caviar yield. Therefore, it is beneficial for the caviar industry to detect fish with atretic ovarian follicles prior to harvest, which can cause a decrease in caviar grade or complete loss of the product and to harvest fish at the correct stage of ovarian maturity to produce the highest quality and yield of caviar possible. The objectives of this study were to find a parameter that can detect ea...
- Download File | View full details