Results Search Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETDs)
Your search for ETD Tag neurodegenerative resulted in 1 match(es).
- Olfactory behavior as an indicator of prion infection
- Author: Williams, Nikolas Scott
- Date: 2011-05-15
- Program: Psychological Science
- Abstract: The current project sought to identify changes in olfactory-related behavior in hamsters infected with the HY transmissible mink encephalopathy (HY TME) strain of the pathological form of the prion protein. Experiment 1 was conducted to validate an olfactory preference paradigm for use with Syrian golden hamsters. An experimental group was induced with anosmia by treating them with methimazole. In an olfactory preference test in which the time subjects spent investigating attractive, aversive, and neutral olfactory stimuli were assessed, control animals spent a significantly longer amount of t...
- Download File | View full details